This article describes the minor release versions 1.5.2 & 1.5.3 of the C++ language application programming interface (API) for ThinkRF Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA) products.
The release package consists of Microsoft Windows Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs, suitable for both 32-bit and 64-bit software) and the DLL interface header file wsaInterface.h.
This version is compatible with all ThinkRF WSA5000 and R5xx0 products, including R55x0 (all models) and R57x0 (all models).
2 Fixed Defects
The following issues are fixed in version 1.5.2.
- Included many fixes mentioned in the C API v3.8.1 release.
And in the version 1.5.3.
- Fixed sweep data handling at DD range when the unit has the spectral flattening feature.
3 New Features
The following new features and capabilities were added to version 1.5.2.
- Four new functions were added. See wsaInterface.h for the description of each function. a. wsaArmTraceCapture() b. wsaCaptureTraceAndContext() c. wsaCaptureSpectrumAndContext() d. wsaComputeFFTWithCorrOptions()
- Added new members to vrt_context struct: a. spectral_inversion b. has_gnss_data
- Added IQ imbalance correction for ZIF mode (correction on always for wsaComputeFFT() and user controllable with wsaComputeFFTWithCorrOptions()).
4 Other Changes
The following other changes were made in the version 1.5.2:
- Updated examples to use the new functions.
- Handled the spectral inversion in time-domain data instead of in FFT output.
- Improved GNSS context and data handling.
- Improved handling of WSA_WARNING_SOCKETTIMEOUT error, especially for triggering and VRT GNSS related capture.
- Improved the occupied bandwidth calculation method.
- Included many improvements mentioned in the C API v3.8.1 release.
And in the version 1.5.3:
- Corrected the definition of fstart_actual & fstop_actual for the wsaGetSweepSize_s() function.
5 Known Issues and Limitations
The following are the known limitations or other issues present in these versions.
- No Windows Properties information is available for the DLL.