This document describes versions 4.1.0 & 4.1.1 release of the MATLAB API for ThinkRF Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer (RTSA). The release package is included in a compressed zip folder. See the API Reference Guide included in \documentation folder as a starting point.
The API is set to run with \include\Dll\rtsaInterface.dll, a 64-bit version. To use the API in 32-bit MATLAB, copy the DLL files from \include\Dllx32 to \include\Dll folder. This version is compatible with all ThinkRF R5xx0 products, including R55x0 (all models) and R57x0 (all models).
2 Fixed Defects
The following issues are fixed in the version 4.1.0. 1. Included many fixes mentioned in the C++ API DLL v1.5.2 release. The following issues are fixed in the version 4.1.1. 2. Included fixes mentioned in the C++ API DLL v1.5.3 release. 3. Fixed frequency min & max attributes due to DD mode. 4. Disallowed frequency level trigger in DD mode and updated CaptureTraceSpectrumExample.mlapp GUI accordingly. 5. Fixed checking of the frequency related fields of SweepDeviceExample.mlapp GUI.
3 New Features
The following new features and capabilities were added to the version 4.1.0.
- Added loadDLL.m which is used to pre-load the DLL into an mfile called rtsaInterfaceLib.m instead (as included in the 'api' folder). This method reduces the need of loading the DLL at each run time, hence, speed up the processing time of example scripts or application significantly. See loadDLL.m if needed to update the rtsaInterfaceLib.m with a new DLL for instance.
- Added new methods, most target toward RTSA R57x0 products with a GNSS module:
- Added new structs to handle the VRT context, including that of GNSS:
See the end of rtsaInterfaceLib.m file for the list of struct members.
- Added new script examples:
- Added a readPersist option to setTraceLevelTrigger() to allow for the number of times to retry reading the data socket.
- Added IQ imbalance correction for ZIF mode.
- Added errorCodes.m file to \definitions folder to handle particular warning or error codes from the underlying DLL. In this release, WARNING_SOCKETTIMEOUT (code -20201) has been added.
4 Other Changes
The following other changes were made in version 4.1.0.
- Read acquisition is now needed at the beginning of your application so that if data read is done within a loop, this query is not repeated. To get the read access, the code line would be as such: % Get read acquisition [~, ~] = Interface.getReadAccess();
- Changed all 'double' to 'single' in the API & examples.
- Improved errors handling.
- Included many changes mentioned in the C++ API DLL v1.5.2 release.
- Examples have been updated to reflect the changes.
5 Known Issues and Limitations