I am considering upgrading to a ThinkRF R5500 product. Do you have any information comparing the ThinkRF R5500 and WSA5000 products?
Created by: Guanle Shi
Modified on: Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:53 PM
R5500 Improvements relative to the WSA5000.
|Improved sweep rates|
6.5GHz/s (@10 kHz RBW and 40 MHz IBW)
28GHz/s (@10 kHz RBW and 40 MHz IBW)
- Enables faster measurements across larger spans
- improves the likelihood of capturing signals of interest, especially for short duration signals
|Improved streaming rates||32 Mbit/s||360 Mbit/s|
- Enables deeper analysis of signals
- Enables real-time demodulation for analog bandwidths up to 10 MHz
|Extended the lower end of frequency range||100kHz||9kHz|
- Broadens the scope of application to include certain applications such as EMC test
|Increased the granularity of the step attenuator||0, 20 dB||0, 10, 20, 30 dB|
- Enables improved control of front-end input signal to enable larger operating range
|HIF output made a standard option||No||Yes|
- Enables use of an external radio receiver
- Enables use of R5500 as a down-converter for faster, full bandwidth, loss-less stream performance
Please also refer to ThinkRF R5500 Programmer's Guide -> “R5500 vs. WSA5000List of Changes" section.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.