For all thinkRF RTSA, the amplitude accuracy is +/- 2dB typical. Typically refers to 90% of the time, which means 10% of the time amplitude may fall outside of the specification.
Here is a simple way to verify the amplitude accuracy by using ThinkRF S240v5 v5.1.3 Real-Time Spectrum Analysis Software
- Injecting a clean CW signal at any frequency within the range of the RTSA at -44dBm.
- Set the S240 configuration as follows:
- centre frequency aligns with the injected signal
- Span at 40 MHz
- Use peak search to find out the amplitude value of the input signal
- confirm whether it is within the 2dB limit
- continue on another frequency
Users can also apply their own calibration to correct the amplitude readying if the calibration is out of spec or expired. more can be found here: AppNote: How to Perform a Custom Calibration on a ThinkRF R5xx0